Expand my Community achievements bar.

Field Names Without Form Hierarchy

Former Community Member
How can I disable the auto-assigned field name hierarchy? The PDFs I'm authoring have specific field-name requirements. Instead of "form1[0].#subform[0].B01_FullName[0]", I need the field name to simply remain "B01_FullName". Thanks!
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You cannot ... the hierarchy is important for the structure of th eform as well as the structure of the data it will create. The name of the field will be B01_FullName and the path to get to it will be form1.#subform.

Paul

Former Community Member
Hmmm... interesting. Thanks Paul for the prompt reply.

How am I suppose to handle it when a third-party vendor is dictating what the field names need to be? Do I have to open the form up in an older version (pre 7) and save it that way? I'm assuming this is a common problem people run into, no?

A little confused and discouraged...

Former Community Member
It is like a file system. You have a path to a file and a filename that allows you to identify the file. In our case we have a fieldname (like a filename) and a path to get to that field on the form (like the filepath). To get to that field on that particular form you use form1.Page1.B01_FullName but the fieldname is B01_FullName.