Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Extracting and Importing XML Data Using a Document Form

Former Community Member
All

As the title suggests, I'm simply looking for the correct method by which to extract XML data from a Document Form and to import that data back. I am aware of the exportData and importData services available to me but have been unsuccessful in configuring them properly to get the data from the form.
7 Replies

Level 7
Are you trying to extract to an xml variable type ?

Former Community Member
Yes but I can extract it to whatever is necessary so long as I can work with the XML.

Level 7
Try extracting it as a document variable. If you want to reuse the data through XPATH, use a SetValue to set the document to xml.

/process_data/xml = /process_data/@document

If you want import the data back to a documentform, set the document to documentform/object/@document

/process_data/documentform/object/@document = /process_data/@document

This worked for me.

Former Community Member
Will this still work if my form's submission type is "PDF" or does it have to be "XDP"?

Level 7
You can use a DocumentForm for a PDF or xfaForm for XDP. Choice is yours.

Former Community Member
you would need to use the processFormSubmission. this takes in the document, which is inside the documentForm variable,set the other properties notable pdfToXdp = true

you should get the form data in xml format

let me know if you need any help on this, I have a process some where on my laptop

girish

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Hello :

Have any default services in Workbanch that I cant design the process to invoke it? Thank you.