Expand my Community achievements bar.

Exception Handling - sendEmail

Former Community Member
Hi,

i'm trying to find out how the sendEmail service works.

it has an exception handling included which I've tried to test, but in case of a malformed emailaddress the process stops, I don't want to stop, I want to set an other action in case of this error.

I think of email addresses coming out of a db, where it isn't guaranteed that their format is ok.

Isn't it possible to handle such exceptions?

this is the eclipse-error-log entry.

!ENTRY com.adobe.DSC_Admin_UI 4 4 2008-01-16 14:06:08.208

!MESSAGE failed to invoke SendEmail.invoke

!STACK 0

java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.mail.MessagingException; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -6388198985190878204, local class serialVersionUID = -7569192289819959253

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractResponseHolder.handleException(AbstractResponseHolder.java:161)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapSdkBindingStubUtil.deSerializeResponse(SoapSdkBindingStubUtil.java:122)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:128)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

regards

Johannes
7 Replies

Former Community Member
there are some free web services which will tell you if a email address is valid or not,may be you can use that as a step in your process

let me know if you need any more help

Level 9
I don't have a system in front of me, so I can't check this, but I'm reasonably sure that there is a little "lightning bolt" icon on the Email component. If you drag from here to another step in your process, and select the appropriate exception, I'm pretty sure your process will go to that step on the exception, rather than stalling.

If this doesn't work, then email info-at-avoka.com and I'll have a closer look.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
were you able to solve your problem,if not mail me mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

I would like the same functionality as Johannes. However I am using the sendEmailWithDocument-service and this does not offer the possibility of exception handling. How can I workaround this - or will exception handling be part of this service in a later release?

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
mail me mergeandfuse@gmail,will try to give you a workaround for you problem

Former Community Member
Exception handling will be part of the future release - 8.2