Expand my Community achievements bar.

Errors using Barcodes

Former Community Member
I am using LiveCycle 8.1.1 to design a form that has six fields, grouped in Global pairs. When I enter text into the first field and tab out, the second field is populated with that text, but in 3Of9 barcodes. The third field generates the fourth field, and the fifth field generates the sixth field.

The field sets are for LastName, FirstName and StudentNumber. When I open the form, I get an error stating "Invalid Barcode Value: Empty value is not a valid value for barcodes of type code 3Of9." This error message appears three times (once for each barcode field).

Then when I type in a name (like "Kimbel" to the first field, and tab, I get a slightly different error: "Invalid Barcode Value: Kimbel is an invalid value for barcodes of type code 3Of9." I get a similar error after entering text into the second field, but the last field (possibly because it is numeric?) does not generate an error at run time.

Note that I then print the form, and use it as a separation sheet for image scanning, and that seems to work - I just get these pesky errors when I'm filling in the form.

Any ideas?

Bill Kimbel

bkimbel@osc-webb.com
0 Replies