Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error while applying watermark

Former Community Member
I set up a PDF Generator installation (turnkey) on a Windows 2003 Server; does anybody know why every time I try to convert a file I receive the error message "An error occured while applying watermark to the document" ? The server.log does not show anything wrong (no error messages).

JBoss is running with the same user who installed Office.

Thank you for any help.

Francesco.
7 Replies

Level 3
Hello Francesco,

have you figured out how to solve this in the meantime? If so, I'd be very interested to hear what to do ...

Thanks alot,

Steffen.

Former Community Member
Not yet. Still waiting for an answer from Adobe Tech Support.

Level 3
I got it to work after using both Windows and Office in their respective US-english version. I just wanted to verify if that was coincidence or the real source of the problem. It would be cool if you could keep me posted ...

By the way, have you already tried to get it to work programatically?

Steffen.

Former Community Member
I didn't try it programatically yet, however I tried with text files and even to convert PDF files to HTML or image formats, always with the same (sad) result. So I don't think that it could be an Office issue in my case.

I will keep you posted!

Former Community Member
Hi! Some news? Francesco do you solve the problem?? I have the same error:

Failed to process job prova.rtf

Error Code: 1.010

Reason: An error occured while applying watermark to the document.

Thank's

Sara

Former Community Member
I solved the problem by re-installing Windows 2003 Server EE ENU from scratch...

Former Community Member
Hello everybody. There are two possible solutions for this problem. My PDF Generator is working on the polish Windows XP Prof. SP1 and polish Microsoft Office 2003 Prof.

This problem is mainly caused by inproper path to some product files, that cannot be found when conversion occurs.

Let's consider two scenarios:

1. PDF Generator was installed on different OS Language Version

2. PDF Generator was installed on different drive (not C:)

It can be fixed manually in situation 1. as follows:

1. stopped JBoss and MySQL

2. copy the contents of the following folder from a working English version to the corresponding language destination

i.e. copied C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\*

to c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF

as this directory was empty probably because the intallation routine was looking for C:\Documents and settings

3. Check server.aes.properties in aaes-internal-utils.jar

in which I had changed the following properties to reflect the language destination C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\...

server.acrobat.user.job.options.prefix.dir=C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen

server.acrobat.ps.startup.dir=C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All Users/Documents/Adobe PDF/Startup

4. copied this aaes-internal-utils.jar to C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\components\pdfgenerator\jboss\ear\x86_win32\pdfg-all.ear

5. run LCM and re-assemble the ear files

6. copy the 3 files from c:\Adobe\LiveCycle\configurationManager\export to C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\deploy

7. restart the SQL service and JBoss and retest

In situation 2:

1.Check server.aes.properties in aaes-ejb.jar & aaes-internal-utils.jar contains following entries hardcoded to drive "C:\"

****************************************************************************************************

# Directory where PDFMaker, Distiller, etc. already are looking for custom Distiller Job Options

# The default for the prefix is {user.home}/..

server.acrobat.user.job.options.prefix.dir=C:/Documents and Settings

server.acrobat.user.job.options.suffix.dir=All Users/Documents/Adobe PDF/Settings

# startup ps dir:

server.acrobat.ps.startup.dir=C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents/Adobe PDF/Startup

server.acrobat.ps.startup.file=_wm_.ps

*****************************************************************************************************

2.Modify these entires for drive F:/ , save the file & redeploy the application.

I fixed the problem with #1, but I've just copied the contents of the c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dokumenty\ to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\

after that PDF Generator started to work.