Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Error upgrading 7.x to 8.2 - JBoss/Win/Turnkey

Former Community Member
I am upgrading a 7.x installation to 8.2.<br />My current install (7.2.2) is running at c:\adobe\livecycle.<br />I installed 8.2 at c:\adobe\livecycle8.2<br />I ran the configuration manager.<br />I selected the upgrade options and pointed to current .ear(s), etc.<br />Step 1 of 3, merge EARS, I get to 75% (adobe-native...) and it fails.<br />Dialog: Cannot clean working directory.<br /><br />Here's the excerpt from the configuration manager log:<br />[2008-10-03 09:02:50,468], INFO, Thread-6, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars, Merging ears () into (C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\deploy\adobe-core-native-jboss-x86_win32.ear) output to (..\export\adobe-livecycle-native-jboss-x86_win32.ear)<br />[2008-10-03 09:02:50,484], INFO, Thread-6, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEarsDialog, Progress: [75%, Executing merge scripts for adobe-livecycle-native-jboss-x86_win32.ear]<br />[2008-10-03 09:02:50,843], SEVERE, Thread-6, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2, Could not clean working directory<br />com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.core.LCMException[ALC-LCM-000-000]: Could not clean working directory<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2.cleanDirectory(MergeEars2.java:453)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2.init(MergeEars2.java:315)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2.mergeEars(MergeEars2.java:199)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars.mergeEars(MergeEars.java:201)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars.mergeNativeEars(MergeEars.java:167)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars.mergeAllEars(MergeEars.java:90)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEarsTask$ActualTask.<init>(MergeEarsTask.java:72)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEarsTask$1.construct(MergeEarsTask.java:51)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.core.tasks.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:114)<br /> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)<br />Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file: ..\working\configureLC\mergeTmp\base\META-INF\application.xml<br /> at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1087)<br /> at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:811)<br /> at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:777)<br /> at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1079)<br /> at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:811)<br /> at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtils.java:777)<br /> at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1079)<br /> at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils.java:811)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.configureLC.MergeEars2.cleanDirectory(MergeEars2.java:445)<br /> ... 9 more<br /><br />I can delete the file manually and it's successfully deleted in prior steps. I'm at a loss and I can't move forward.<br /><br />Thanks for any help.
0 Replies