Expand my Community achievements bar.

EMAIL SERVICES OPTIONS - HELP

Former Community Member
The problem I have is the following. I have created a form with Adobe Life Cycle Designer so whoever completes the form can submit the answer by simply clicking on the submit by email button. A XML data file is then generated and sent back to me by email.

Normally, when clicking on the button, the user gets a popup message that gives the user a choice of email services (Desktop Email Application, Internet Email or other.

This works fine when using Acrobat Reader 7. However, for whatever reason, it does not work when using Acrobat Reader 8 unless a Desktop email application such as Outlook is activated and configured with a profile. The message that I get instead (refer to the pdf attached to see the image), when no profile is created on the desktop application.

I looked in the documentation of Acrobat Reader 8 and saw that the users should get same the same choice as in Acrobat 7. To make matter worse, this second popup message refers to an email icon in the control panel that does not exist in the control panel of Windows XP.

Unless I fix this problem, I will not be able to use the Adobe form as planned. I must be sure that form users can send their data back to me after completing the form without having to create a profile in whatever email application they have on a computer. Can you help me?
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I have the exact same problem. Did anyone come up with a solution to this?

Thanks.