Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email Form in PDF format

Former Community Member
I've created a form in LC Designer 8.05. I want users to be able to fill out my form and send the data back as a pdf. I've looked over the forum and tried using the an Email Submit Button and editing the XML Source, but then my button doesn't work. I also tried using a regular Button and a Submit control using the mailto: protocol but that's not working either. It only works when I use the Email Submit Button and an XML attachment. Anyone know why these two solutions are working for me? Thanks.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
send you form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Level 1
I have a similar problem. I want my form to submit via email as a .pdf attachment. When I use the generic button control and change it to "submit" a .pdf attachment via email, the button doesn't work.

It works in Adobe Acrobat Pro, but not in reader.

What's up with this?

Thanks,

--cat

Former Community Member
Hi Cat --<br />I was finally able to resolve my issue. Here's my notes.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Email buttons<br /><br />Form data is sent in XML format by default. To change format to PDF, you must edit the XML Source.<br /><br />If you do not see the xml source tab, right click on the 'Design View' tab and select 'XML Source'. The tab should appear.Select the 'Design View' tab, and within the document, select the 'Submit Email' button. Now select the 'XML Source' tab. You should see the line for your email button control highlighted. <br /><br />Start looking down the code from here until you find a line that reads: <submit format="xml" textEncoding="UTF-8" target = "blah blah blah...<br /><br />Change the format from "xml" to "pdf", save the document and test it. It should now send the form as a PDF rather than xml. <br /><br /> <br /><br />Now, open form in Acrobat Professional. Select the 'Advanced' menu option. Select the 'Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader', and save the file. <br /><br />Open your file and test again. If you are running the form in Reader, and do not go through this process, you do not have save rights to the form in Reader. This allows the form to be saved, and ultimately, sent as an email. <br /><br />Jenny Fain<br />Windows Administrator<br />City of Roswell IT

Level 1

I've got the same problem.  Opening a pdf form I created in Acrobat Reader X, the submit button does nothing when you click it and there are messages telling you that you can't save the form. I don't have the "Enable Reader Useage Rights" in my verion of Acrobat Professional v. 7.  Is this added in a newer version or am I just not finding it?