Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Email Address in Text Object

Former Community Member
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, I'm new to the designer.

So I have a text object that contains an email address...it says something along the lines of "Please email this form to xxx@xxx.com." When you hover your mouse over the email address, it lets you click on it and an email client automatically pops up with the To: field filled in with that email address. However, for some reason, it appends a 7 to the end of the email address in the client and I do not know why. I've looked everywhere to try to fix this and I just can't figure it out. I have to have this form submitted tonight, so if anyone has ANY idea why this is happening, please let me know! I've tested it on several computers and it does the same thing everytime. As stated before, I am a beginner, so if there is some special action I have to do, please explain the process for me.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Natalie
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Natalie_Clase@adobeforums.com wrote:

> I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, I'm new to the designer.

>

> So I have a text object that contains an email address...it says something along the lines of "Please email this form to xxx@xxx.com." When you hover your mouse over the email address, it lets you click on it and an email client automatically pops up with the To: field filled in with that email address. However, for some reason, it appends a 7 to the end of the email address in the client and I do not know why. I've looked everywhere to try to fix this and I just can't figure it out. I have to have this form submitted tonight, so if anyone has ANY idea why this is happening, please let me know! I've tested it on several computers and it does the same thing everytime. As stated before, I am a beginner, so if there is some special action I have to do, please explain the process for me.

>

> Thanks in advance!!!!

> Natalie

Natalie,

Try putting the email address in quotes. Designer doesn't provide

the ability to add hyperlinks, but it seems to automatically generate

hyperlinks for website URLs and email addresses. However, it seems to

have some problem determining what the actual URL link or email address

is and often inserts extra characters. If you put the URL or email

address in quotes, it seems to understand that everything in quotes

should be the link location.

Justin Klei