Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Table Row Removal

Former Community Member
I'm using LiveCycle Form Designer 8 and Acrobat Reader 7.09

I've created a simple dynamic table that has an ADD ROW button that uses _Row1.addInstance(1); to add a new row and that works great. I then added the Delete Row button in a SubForm to the first cell of the row with the JavaScript _Row1.removeInstance(this.parent.index).

The problem is that the Delete Row button always deletes the first row instead of the row that the button is in. So that indicates that this.parent.index = 0. If I force the value it does remove that specific line but I want the removeInstance to remove the line that has been selected.

How do I get the index to reflect the value of the row that the removeInstance button is in? I must be missing something very basic.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I think I found my problem.

I had originally created a SubForm in the first cell of the row based on the HELP instructions. When I removed the SubForm the DELETE Row button worked for the line selected.

Does any one have a description of how the different nesting of SubForms works in relationship to an Index used for a JavaScript function?

Former Community Member
Okay, I have done the same thing, but as you had mentioned beforehand, it only deletes the value that is the interger. What do I do in order to delete the line it is on as well?

Former Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I tried removeinstance(this.index) but that seems to resolve to index 0 no matter how many instances there are.

Cheers,

Al