Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic forms and versions of Adobe Reader before 8.1.1

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have created an interactive form with show/hide certain subforms with add Instances, with calculations using Designer 8.1.1. I have saved the form as a dynamic xml form (I can see that this form is compatible with 7.0.5 or higher) Now when the form is online I have customers who use 8.0 or 7.0.5 They can open the form but not everything shows or they cannot add a line. IN other words the form gets useless.

Is there a way to sort this problem out? Can I add script which looks at the adobe reader the user uses and then give a popup that he needs to upgrade? Maybe put the link in the popup? Do I use form ready to execute the popup?

Thanks for the help.
7 Replies

Former Community Member
How are your Customers getting the form? Are they calling a program that calls Form Server to render the form? It is possible that when calling form server you are not specifying that the form needs to be rendered as dynamic.

Former Community Member
Paul,

I don't use the formserver. The form is uploaded in our CMS. I have saved the file as a dynamic xml form.

Former Community Member
Are you saving it in the CMS system as a PDF or an XDP file?

Former Community Member
Ok ...when you save it out of designer you have to choose Adobe Dynamic XML form in the Save as Type dropdown (just below the filename entry).

Former Community Member
That is what I already have done.

Do you have any idea how I can put a link to an URL in a messagebox. This is what I already got

event initialize

if(xfa.host.version =="7.0.5") {

xfa.host.messageBox("Please upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader.\nGo to http://www.adobe.com.","Warning",1);

}

And I want the users to be able to click on the www.adobe.com which then opens the site

Former Community Member
I do not believe that you will be able to link form the message box (it is not supported).

If you have already saved your form as dynamic then I cannot think of why they would not be able to use it as dynamic. Is it possible that an older verion (non dynamic) is cached somewhere?