Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dropdown list behaviour

Former Community Member
Hello,

when creating a form here on customer site, we recognized that the dropdowns of Designer 7 are not always working as you would expect from a dropdown:

1. For example imagine you have a dropdown with countries with 'Gabon', 'Georgia' and 'Germany'. When you enter the field and press 'G' you would see the first entry of countries starting with 'G', here 'Gabon'. To get to 'Germany', you would try to press 'G' 'E' 'R'. However this is not working in the Designer dropdowns. Here you have to press 'G' three times to get to Germany.

2. Is there a possibility to increase or descrease or change the arrow icon besides the dropdown list?

3. If I want to use the scroll wheel of the mouse to scroll through the list box, it is not working.

4. If I open the list of the dropdown and then click on the entry field without selecting anything, you would expect that the dropdown list is closed and the entry stays the same as before. The Designer dropdown is not closing, except you click completely outside the dropdown.

5. In another project they used Designer 5 and had different columns also in a dropdown list. Is this not possible anymore?

Is there any chance that this will change with next versions of Designer? Or did I just missed out properties, which can be selected?

Regards, Karin
0 Replies