Expand my Community achievements bar.

Document Signatures and Field Validation

Former Community Member
Using Adobe Professional LiveCycle Forms Designer I've created a dynamic XDP form to be submitted to Workflow. The form contains some required text fields in which I used the value tab to set validation,a document signature, and a submit button that submits the pdf to Workflow. The form works perfectly when I do not enable the "lock fields upon signing" feature for the signature. When I enable this feature, my text field validation fails as soon as a signature is entered. It actually seems to be cycling through validation twice after a signature is entered.

Is there a way to validate fields and then lock them upon signing so that the person it's being sent to cannot change the information? I know you can do this with static forms, but I think there must be a way to do this with dynamic forms as well.

I'm new to this product, so any help provided is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jennifer
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hi,

There might be a more elegant solution, but you could set a hidden field to a value of say, 1 when you sign the form. If that field has a value of 1, then you can set your fields to be uneditable.

Hope that helps.