Expand my Community achievements bar.

Displaying and submitting a flat PDF in Workspace

Level 4
Hi

I have a flat PDF which i would like to display and submit in Workspace. I tried using assembler to attach a page (with process fields) to current flat pdf but couldn't merge them because of the XFA-ness of the second form. And also I tried to merge it with an acroform (with special fields as described in Leveraging Acrobat forms in LiveCycle Workspace ES page in Quick Starts) but this time submit doesn't work in Workspace.

As an alternative a could have an interactive PDF as a cover page to route in my process and put my flat PDF in the attachment window, but the user wants the document to be seen in the Form tab.

Are there any samples or do you have suggestions about this issue?

Thanks
3 Replies

Former Community Member
If you are going to assemble two PDFs together ....only the first one can have interactive fields. So what if you created a routing slip (with the workflow fields) then added the flattened PDF to that.

Don't forget that you will need the form bridge as well.

Level 4
Hi,

My proces has the folowing steps:

1-I have created a form containing only invisible process fields in Designer

2-InvokeDDX : In the process I merge 2 PDF's. First one is blank page with process fields and the second is a flat PDF.

3-Inject form brige: I use the form from Assembler as input

4-Assign Task: I put the document into a Document Form variable and display it in Workspace

5-Complete button is displayed, but doesn't do anything after click. The only way to complete task is clicking Green check mark on Task Card.

How can I submit this PDF in workspace ?

Level 10
Make sure the target url of the Submit button (on the PDF) points to http://
:/workspace-server/submit

Jasmin