Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Designer8..The Send Email button function gives an Error

Former Community Member
I created a name and address form and a dropdown combo in AA9 then saved and closed it.

I then opened it in designer 8 and placed a "send by Email" button and closed it.

I then opened the pdf file in Reader 9 (as a user would) Then filled out the form and clicked the "send by Email" button (sent to myself) it arrived as an .xml attachment and would not open....Just gave this error message

---------

Adobe Reader could not open 'poolcuetip_data(1).xml' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example. it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

---------

Is there a Fix for this error (tried it several times)

OR

Can I put a send email button on the Acrobat form without having to open in Designer ? If so How ??????

TIA

Tony
1 Reply

Level 7
There are many restrictions on submit by email and they vary by the code used to perform the submit. If you use the builtin "mailXXXX" method the user must have Windows and and a MAPI enabled email client. And if you use the URI "mailto" format the user with Reader must be viewing the PDF from within a web browser. And then you have the timing problems with slow computers or larger PDF forms. And this does not even start to cover email filters, identity issues and son on.

If you can use the sumbit to server script.