Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Designer form displays differently on different similar computer.

Former Community Member
I created an Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0 form which contains various text fields and numeric fields. All the form's fields display correctly on my own computer (WINXP Pro) when a user inputs data to the fields. When posting the form to the web those fields continue to display correctly. However, if my wife enters data to the form on the web these same fields do not display (or print) correctly. (Her computer is a WINXP Pro as well and also has Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0 installed). The form appears to be "dropping" the bottom of some letters (the descender portion of the letters) and some numbers, though not all. To solve the problem, I redesigned the form using Arial 10 pt instead of "Myriad Pro" 10 pt but it makes no difference. To show you what I mean, I posted 2 screen shots at http://www.lepirtle.com/acrobat using test letters and numbers in some of the fields. The first screen shot is the way it appears on my computer (the way I want it to look) and the second shot is the way it appears on my wife's computer: the descender portions of the letters and some, though not all, of the numbers are "dropped".

Can anyone offer a solution? Thanks.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
What is the version of Acrobat viewer installed on your wife's computer? Is it Acrobat full version or free Reader?

Former Community Member
In the windows display settings, under Appearance, is the font size set to normal?

H.

Former Community Member
To answer banh29's question: My wife's computer has exactly the same version as me: Acrobat 7.02 Pro. To answer Hubert's question: yes, both her computer and mine are set the same, "Font size Normal".

However, in the last couple of hours I found the solution to my problem. I set the Layout property of the "Y" dimension to "Expand to fit". This prevented the "bottoms" of the numbers and the letter descenders from disappearing.

I am still puzzled why the forms appear differently on each of our computers however. I thought that was the great thing about Acrobat in that things appeared the same on all computers.

Thanks for your help.