Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Designer 8 Error during PDDocSave

Former Community Member
I am getting the following error message when saving my file: "Unable to save PDF document, Error during PDDocSave". This happens when I create a table and start adding content to it. This file already has numerous tables in it. It's almost like there's a limit on the number of tables a file can have. It doesn't matter if I save it as a PDF 7 or 8.

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. A search on Adobe's site does not uncover any known issues with Designer and Vista. I don't know if I get the same result with Windows XP as I bought Designer after I upgraded to Vista. I have uninstalled and re-installed Designer (actually all of Acrobat 8 Pro). I can't find any information on what this error means except for the obvious (my file is not saved).

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
3 Replies

Former Community Member
LiveCycle 8 will not recognize Microsoft Word 2007 as a valid application on my computer.

Former Community Member
I'm getting the exact same problem as Tim, with Vista Home Premium. I have many tables some of which have repeatable tables within repeatable tables, and subform sets for different languages. It works with XP and I can save as a simple xdp in Vista but that's it.

Level 2

Make sure that Acrobat Pro 8 is your default product.  I was having this same trouble and that seemed to fix the problem.  I also reinstalled Acrobat Pro 8.  Hope this helps you.