Expand my Community achievements bar.

Date time field will not bind over into XML data file

Former Community Member
am using the Current Date field in a form that is supposed to give me the current date & time. In the Object, Value, I am using a "calculated - Read Only" , with Run-time property of Date and Time. WHen I view this as a PDF, the current datae & time display on the form as well as when I view the body pages, the {current date/time} is displayed in the actual field of the form. My only problem is I want to bind this so I can export the data to an XML data file, to import to an Access Database. WHen I use these settings, I do not have a "binding" tab to use. WHen I change vaule to "calculation script), it then pops up the binding tab and let's me export the field to the XML data file, but the data in that field is not comming over (the date & time). The field comes into the database inport, but is blank. What am I doing wrong..?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Well, I'm assuming that when you change it to a calculation script you see the date in the PDF and therefore have the script to set the value written properly. So, if you change the binding from None to Normal or an explicit binding the date will be exported in the data. If all of that is correct, then the most likely problem is the data format you are exporting is not a format that your database will accept.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support