Highlighted

Data Patten for text

17-09-2008

This should be easy but for some reason I can't get it to work in LC ES. I have a text field where the value is like this "PA-EPT-08-109". The first to characters are always going to be PA. Rather than putting a text block and trying to align them, I want the "PA"to appear in the field. I've tried text('PA'-AAA-99-9999, but can't get it to display the PA.

Any suggestions?

Thanks alot!

Pam

Replies

Highlighted

pguerett

17-09-2008

There is nothing wrong with your pattern. Put it on the Display pattern, then in the edit pattern enter AAA-99-9999. Now when the user enters the field they type in AAA-99-999 and when they leave the field it will be PA-AAA-99-999. If they enetr the PA portion then it will work as well.

Hope this helps

Paul
Highlighted

23-09-2008

Hi Paul

Similarly can i set for alphabets?

I put text{AAAAAAAAA}..Its not working properly

Please Help me out....

Thanks,

Buddy
Highlighted
Highlighted

pguerett

23-09-2008

The "A" in the pattern represents an alpha char and the "9" represents a numeric char. If you need a dash or other char then putting it in quotes treats it as a literal so AA"-"9999 woudl be 2 alph chars then a - then 4 numbers.
Highlighted
Highlighted

24-09-2008

Hi,

I was designing the PDF form.But the layout is going beyond.

How can i adjust the layout.My form contains lot of complex tables

in the form.Please help.Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Neenu
Highlighted

pguerett

25-09-2008

You have to know the length of the input and put a display and edit pattern of text{AAAAA} where A is the number of characters you want to enter.
Highlighted

04-12-2008

Paul

I have some name fields on my form wherein the user enters his first name and last name. The field allows upto 15 characters. But, right now the user is able to enter alphanumeric characters. Is there any way we can force them to enter only alphabets. I tried the format text{AAAA} in the display and edit pattern but it doesnt work for me.

Appreciate your help.
Highlighted

pguerett

04-12-2008

The problem with the mask is that it will allow you to enter anything you want then will try to apply the mask. Do you want to check each character as they are entered?