Expand my Community achievements bar.

Data look up into SQL

Former Community Member
Hi, <br />I have a turnkey set up of Adobe Livecycle 8 running with mySQL and JBOSS on Windows 2003 Server. I also have SQL MSDE installed on the same computer. The goal is to create a SQL data look up from livecycle into SQL. Unfortunately I am running into a couple of issues. <br />In the LC process I have a query single row activity. When I try to enter something in the Datasource Name and try to test my query I get <br />Exception: SQL_LF not bound. Cause: SQL_LF not bound<br /><br />SQL_LF is the data source name I was trying to get to work. How do I get the correct JNDI connection string? I looked online almost the entire day, and I still can't quite get it working. As I understand I need to create a data connection from jboss into SQL and then have livecycle use that data connection. In order to accomplish that I create mssql-ds.xml in C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\jboss\server\all\deploy directory with the following text:<br /><br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><br /><datasources><br /> <local-tx-datasource><br /> <jndi-name>SQL_LF</jndi-name><br /> <connection-url>jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;instancename=lf;databaseName=test</connection-url><br /> <driver-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</driver-class><br /> <user-name>XXXXXX</user-name><br /> <password>XXXXXXX</password><br /> </local-tx-datasource><br /></datasources><br />When I try to make SQL_LF a datasource name it doesn't recognize it. I also tried to enter every imaginable string into that Datasource Name field in LC and it still doesn't work. Is there a paper or a manual on a standard process to create a JNDI link in livecycle to a SQL database?<br /><br />Thanks in advance
1 Reply

Level 10
Have you tried to put java:/SQL_LF or java/SQL_LF.

Also make sure you rebooted you JBoss after creating your *-ds.xml file.

Do you have any error in the log. I've seen instance where the ds file would not deploy properly when created with Notepad.

Jasmin