Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

data drop-down list in static vs. dynamic pdf files

Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm using Adobe Acrobat 7.0, with Designer 7.0 and Reader 7.0. I've made a data drop-down list that reads from an Access Database and populates a drop-down list. It works fine in Acrobat, and it works fine when I save the pdf file as a static pdf file. It doesn't work, however, when I save the file as a dynamic pdf file, and open it in Reader. I haven't a clue why that would make a difference, but it does. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

Jason
6 Replies
Not applicable
Here are my thoughts: there are functionalities and features that are available in Acrobat but not in Reader. The fact is that Reader is distributed freely.
Not applicable
That's a valid point, but the drop-down list does work when saved to a static pdf file and opened in Reader, just not when saved as a dynamic pdf file (which I need for other functions) and opened in Reader. Any more thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason
Not applicable
Jason, think you could send me the PDF file ? aspiering@gmail.com... I could take a look at this. On of the big things about reader 7 and reader 6.0.2 was this support of dynamic PDF files. They should work.
Not applicable
Hi Andrew,

I don't think I can send you what I'm working on, sorry.

-Jason
Not applicable
I actually just sent you the files Andrew, let me know what you think.

-Jason
Not applicable
Hi I have same issue did you found out what is wrong please let me know thanks