Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Customize Task Instructions???

Level 3
Hi all,

Is there anyway to have customized Task Instructions??

I have set the task instructions value in the adminui on the task manager endpoint to static text for the moment. So when I start my process, and then save it as a draft it appears in my to do list with "Complete member review." (my static text).

What I would like is for it to say "Complete member review firstname surname." Where firstname and surname are taken from values off the form.

My initial feeling is that its not possible but there should be something available to help you identify save cases because it is possible to have numerous drafts of the same process with different data.

Thanks,

James
6 Replies

Level 10
You can change the Task Instruction, but just when then form is submitted. If you submit the form back to yourself you would see the Task Instrcution changed.

Jasmin

Level 3
Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not quite sure if I follow what you mean though. Could you elaborate a little bit more??

Thanks a million

James

Level 10
If you take a look a the user Step, you'll see that you can change the Task Instruction. The problme is to get to a User step, you need to submit the form(hit the complete button). When you save as draft. If keep the form on the same step.

A workaround could be that instead of using the save draft, you submit the form back to yourself. That way it executes the User step and you can change the instruction. But I understand that this might not a valid workaround.

Jasmin

Level 3
This is not a valid workaround. Is there no way to identify saved cases so?? Seems like an important bit of functionality to be missing

James

Level 10
Well there is a way but it still not that easy.

There is an event that get sent every time you save the form in draft. If you go in Workbench you can check the TaskFormDataSave under the Event view.

What you could do is catch that event and then change the task instruction. The problem is the event only gives you some information about the task, like the taskid but not the task instruction.

You could create a custom component that updates the task instruction based on a task id. I know this is not as easy as it should but that might be the only way to do it.

A last option might be to customize Workpsace.

Sorry,

Jasmin

Level 9
We'd be happy to extend our TaskUtils component to include an operation to update the instructions of a task dynamically.

Email info@avoka.com if you're interested.

Howard