Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating users through workflow - possible?

Former Community Member
Hello,

The admins are starting to get a little anxious about this product. Basically, the form I am working on is for account creation on a system we have. But the users who are filling out this form are from the outside, i.e. they are not a part of an existing LDAP/AD system. On top of this, the user requesting the account needs to have TWO other people sign this form that are also not a part of the current structure.

What this means right now is that for EVERY form filled out, we need to manually create THREE LiveCycle accounts! So, needless to say, the admins are starting to wonder why are we even using this product. After spending all this time and money on this, I really want to find a solution regarding this account creation.

So, a couple thoughts I had, but please if anyone has any other input, let me know. When the admin are notified about the new user account, we also need to get the information up front on two other people. Create the LiveCycle accounts and then fill out the initialization form specifying all the appropriate users (probably can even provide drop down boxes listing the users?) and submit. The first user gets email, etc, etc and then submits the form and the workflow goes on it's way. The two other users are stored in variables to be used when the time comes within the workflow to contact them to fill out their part.

My other thought was instead of creating these accounts manually, when the admin fills out the init form, can accounts be created automatically behind the scenes to do that? Is there are QPAC that can do that? I did read a post from around May that Avoka was working on a QPAC for creating account on the local system. I don't think for this case if there is a preference for local account vs. LDAP or AD, it's just a matter of spending more money on this. But is there any Adobe QPAC that may handle something like this already? I don't see one, but thought I'd ask.

Also, I originally suggested only giving user 1 the LC account (since they may have more use for it later), and then take the form offline for the other 2 people to fill out and digitally sign and then have user 1 submit the form back into FM, but they want everything to be ONLINE.

Thank you,

Jennifer
3 Replies

Former Community Member
There's a QPAC for reading from LDAP (search for a user), but nothing for writing to LDAP (ie: create a new user).

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Thank you Chris.

That's what I was thinking, but I figured it was worth a shot to post this out there.

I am thinking we need to revisit the attachment idea. So, our workflow can be triggered via an LC user, form is sent out via email, filled out and signed by the three external users, then have the form sent back to the LC user and submitted back into the Live Cycle workflow where some other things are done. Since this form is for actually creating a different user account for another system, I assume we can then add that LDAP domain to LiveCycle to utilize for any future form/workflow endeavors.

Thanks again!

Jennifer

Level 9
Hi

FYI, the QPAC to create local users is complete, and available for beta testing if you're interested. We also have QPACs for creating local groups, and for assigning users to groups.

A QPAC to create an entry in LDAP (or in underlying implementation such as AD) is possible - let us know if you're interested in this.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com