Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating a dynamic interactive form

Former Community Member
I have been working at trying to get a text field that expands when more text is added to the field. I have been looking at the sample Purchase Order form that came with Designer and when I look at the properties of the subform for the comments field near the bottom of the page I see options that are grayed out when I look at the properties of the subform that I have made. I'm just not getting it and seeing what to do to get thing to work.

For example when I go to look at the Object > Subform properties everything is grayed out except the Type, Presence, and Locale fields. In the Object > Binding properties everything below Name, Default Binding and Import/Export Bindings fields is grayed out.

Without knowing what else to look into I'm stuck.

I have tried working with the tutorial in the Designer help but there is no tutorial for a dynamic interactive form just a dynamic form that apparently doesn't work the same way.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
OK. I think I got this figured out why the fields are grayed out.

But how do I get a field to grow when I finaly open the pdf document in Acrobat 7?

Former Community Member
You should be able to click on the field, select allow multiple lines in the layout tab. The field will grow as data is entered. Hope this helps.