Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Connect LDAP service to local domain

Level 2
Is there anyone who can tell me if it's possible to connect form the LDAP service to a local domain?

I have made a new local domain with some groups and users in the Domain management in LC ES admin module.

Now I want to retrieve those users to my prcess in workbench with the LDAP service, but I can't get it to connect to the new domain (it works fine when I connect to our company AD).

I have tried with Base DN: DC=NewDomain,DC=local and Search filter: cn=* but with no luck :-(

Is it possible to connect to the local domaim from the LDAP service if it is, what should the "Base DN" look like and what are the atributes to use in the search filter?

Thanks

Søren
4 Replies

Level 10
The LDAP service has to connect to an LDAP system. That has nothing to with LiveCycle.

I don't understand what you mean when you say that you want to connect the LDAP service to a local domain.

You can configure LC User Manager to connect to a LDAP system to retrieve a list of users. The you can query on those users. But this is different than what the LDAP service does. The LDAP service doesn't know anything about the LC User Manager. It just connects to an LDAP system directly.

Jasmin

Level 2
Hi Jasmin

Thanks for your response, I'll try to explain what I'm doing :-).

1. I log in to LC ES AdminUI

2. go to Domain management (Home > Settings > User Management > Domain Management)

3. Hit the button that says "New Local Domain", I fill out the fields, click "finish" Now I have created a local domain.

4. I add some users to my new local domain

5. now I would like to retrieve those users with the LDAP service in my process.

okay I think that could explain what I'm trying to do, it makes perfectly sense to me, but maybe I've got some things mixed up here. :-)

Thanks Søren

Level 10
I think you are getting a few things mixed up.

When you create the users in a local domain, you're in fact creating them in the LiveCycle database. Not in a LDAP system. LiveCycle NEVER writes to an LDAP system. It only reads from it.

When LC integrates with an LDAP system (like when you create an enterprise domain in adminui), it connects to an external LDAP system and sychronizes with it. I also adds a copy of the users in its database.

The LDAP service does the same thing is the sense that it just connects to a external LDAP system to get a list of users.

If you want to query the users from the livecycle database you can use the User Lookup service (under Foundation) instead.

Jasmin

Level 2
Hi Jasmin

Thanks, now I understand :-)

Søren