Expand my Community achievements bar.

Configuring the LiveCycle ES database connectivity

Level 6
Hi,

I need to install LiveCycle ES to a Websphere application server. Do I need to manually configure the database connectivity? In the manual "Preparing to install livecycle ES" it is said:

"All configurations required for database connectivity are discussed in Installing and Deploying LiveCycle ES

for WebSphere at www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_installWebSphere."

So, it seems a prepare task and we are told to read manual procedures. Is this really need to be accomplish manually?

Thank you
2 Replies

Level 4
You need to manually copy the JDBC driver JAR file to all the WebSphere nodes and update the respective WebSphere environment variable's value with the full path to the JAR file.

DB2 : DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH

Oracle : ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH

SQL Server : MSSQLSERVER_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH

LiveCycle Configuration Manager will create the JDBC provider as well as the associated JDBC data sources.

Level 6
Jayan,

I believe that steps are to be made previous to the installation of LiveCycle, rigth? After that I will be able to install LC using the turnkey option?

Can you point me to a documentation abording that step: "manually copy the JDBC driver JAR file to all the WebSphere nodes and update the respective WebSphere environment variable's value with the full path to the JAR file". Or can you detail it more?

Thank you