Expand my Community achievements bar.

Comment and Markup on a Published Form

Former Community Member
Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have a form that basically has two pages, the first is always the same but the second page can be any of seven different pages depending on a selection made on page one. So far so good.

Now for the issue that I can't figure out, On that second page when it appears I want the user to be able to use Comment and Markup Line Tool to be able to draw a line on a picture that is on that page before submitting the form. I publish the form since I need it to be received back as a pdf not xml, thats another story in itself but the issue is after I have published the form when I try to use comment and markup - line tool I get a message that says the form is interactive and has special features so I need to save it as a normal pdf before I can use the tool.

Can anyone tell me what I might be missing here???

Thanks in advance for your response.
1 Reply

Level 7
LiveCycle Forms are based on XML technology and have very little in common with a standard PDF. To provide the user with the ability to use the normal PDF tools like comments and annotations, you need to create the form using Acrobat's formtool.