Expand my Community achievements bar.

Combining 2 PDF's into 1 PDF

Former Community Member
I am trying to insert a 2 page form into many individual forms. I'm using Adobe Professional 9. In the PDF I want to insert the pages, I go under "Document", I select "Insert Pages", however From File and From Clipboard are both deselected. The file I want to add has already been created and saved. I then went to "File", Combine, Merge Files into a Single PDF. I then get a warning/error that states "Adobe XML files cannot be merged." These forms are input forms so they will all be viewed as XML files.

How can I add this initial form to my other multiple forms without re-creating it everytime?
2 Replies

Level 7
That is true, you can only insert or merge the non-XML pdf files. So properly designed forms using the Forms Tool of Acrobat can be inserted or merged but not LiveCycle Designer created forms.

Former Community Member
When selecting Forms, then start from wizard, which ever method I choose (existing document, paper form, no existing form), LiveCycle always opens up. Is there any other way to create a form in Adobe besides LiveCycle? It's looking like there's no way to merge these forms.