Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Clientside fonts required?

Former Community Member
Must the same font be installed on the clientside computer, as that which was used to design the Acrobat document? For example; If the document is designed on the originator's computer using say... Comic Sans, and the client does not have that font installed on his/her computer, will the document still display in the client's Reader using Comic Sans or will it default to some other, more commonly used, clientside font? (Similar to what happens to a webpage when the client doesn't have the same font that was used)
2 Replies

Former Community Member
In Designer 7.1 you can select Embed Fonts in the Save As menu. This will include your fonts with your file, although it will make your file size much larger. Embed Fonts is a default setting for Designer 7.1.

Former Community Member
Hi Helen,

Is it also possible to embed fonts used on a fillable text field?

If so how? because I have my embed form checkmarked but when I open the PDF at my clients computer, the font changes since he does not have the font on his system.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Norbert