Expand my Community achievements bar.

Check in script if data merge has occured or not

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I am using Designer 8.1 and i am looking for a way to figure out in script if a particular field's data merge has completed or not. Is it possible?
7 Replies

Former Community Member
If you code against the DocReady or FormReady event you can be sure that data murge is complete.

Former Community Member
I forgot to mention that i am using form guides, do DocReady and FormReady fire for form guides?

Former Community Member
Are we sure it does after the data merge?? To test it, I placed a xfa.host.messageBox statement on Form Ready and the message popped up before the data was merged. Any clues??

Thanks for any help

Former Community Member
The message box will appear and suspend the display of the PDF ..... but it is still working in the background.

Former Community Member
Thanks for the reply Paul. If I try to print the form (xfa.host.print) on DocReady event, the form comes up blank. That is data merged is not showing up on form. If I do the print on DocClose, the data is showing up on the form. Any Ideas???

Thanks.

Former Community Member
I believe the data is there ....on the Doc Ready do an app.alert(fieldname.rawValue) if it comes up with the value from your data then you know it is there. If it comes up null or blank then you know it is not.

The print is not a valid test (IMHO).