Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Changing the default font typeface

Former Community Member
Hi.

I'm working on a form, and I've got some weird problems with the fonts.

The Warning tab displays the following message:

"Font service: Default font typeface is Myriad Pro".

The message is displayed twice, and I think my problem has something to do with it.

How can I change the default font?

And what is Font Service?

Thanks.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
LCD defaults to Myriad Pro. To change the Default font select the Text field or cell (not the text itself) and under WINDOW >then> FONT...you can change the font, alignment, spacing, indents, etc.

Former Community Member
Thsnks for your answer, but I know that.

Is there any way to change the default font?

Former Community Member
Place the object that you want to change on the canvas. Set up its properties (Font, style, point size etc.) to the defaults that you want. Now drag and drop that object back into the Object Library. It will ask you for a new name (You can give it a new name or give it the same name and it will overwrite the current object). Conversely you can create a new library tab to hold all of your new objects (so that you can keep the defaults for whatever reason). To create a new object library tab, on the far right side of the Library Tab there is an icon that looks like a paragraph with a downward pointing arrow head. Click on that icon and a new menu will appear. Click on Add Group. A dialog asking you to enter a new name for your group will appear. Enter a name and click OK. Your new group tab will appear at the bottom of the list of groups in the Library tab. Now you can drag and drop any objects that you want onto this Tab. Note that you can also have multiple objects represented by a single object (like Address block).

Hope that helps

Former Community Member
If you want to change the font typeface in run time then you must embed that font in any one of the object. Then that font is embeded in the pdf form. SO we can change the font of the whole control by using the following scripts.

Fieldname.font.typeface="verdana";

Thanks