Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cc: sender when submitting form by email

Former Community Member
Hello...I am looking for a way to have my form automatically Cc: the sender when they submit the form by email. I am using Lifecycle Designer ES 8.2. I have a block where they type their email and I also have a submit button that is used to email the form to me. Thanks in advance for any help.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
The standard mail button provided does not give you that functionality. You can change it to a submit button that uses the mailto: protocol. That protocol allows a cc option. Or you can have a regular button that uses the Acroform maildoc command which also allows a cc option.

Former Community Member
Is there a code to use that will look for a certain text field then autopopulate the answer into the Cc: field? For example the text field Email is where the person filling out the form will put their own email. Once the submit button is hit to email the form, the email will automatically put in the persons return address in the Cc: field. I hope this makes sense. Thanks again.

Former Community Member
If you use the mailto protocol you can construct the url anyway that you want. Then simply set it for that button.