Highlighted

Cannot coerce object:

Aditya_S_

06-11-2008

I have setup an Email Endpoint to invoke the process. Once the email document is received, I have set it to "Assign a Task".

The process in invoked, with the above error. The variable's input parameter in the Endpoint is "*.pdf" and the variable type is xfaForm.

Thank you in advance for helping.

Replies

Highlighted

Jasmin_Charbonn

06-11-2008

You can't put a PDF in a xfaForm variable. The xfaForm variable can only contain the form data but not the entire PDF.

If you want to use the PDF, you need to use a Document Form variable.

So you should use a 'document' input variable to get the document from the email, then use a SetValue and put that document into the Document Form/object/document property of a 'Document Form' variable. Finally use the Document Form variable in the Assign Task service

Jasmin
Highlighted

Aditya_S_

07-11-2008

It worked !

I want to use the data from the form for prepopulating in the task intructions, using the email address to reply or retreving data, how can I use XPATH to map the data ?

Usually, when I use Form, DocumentForm or xfaForm variables I can use the XSD from the form as an XPATH map to manipulate data.

Thank you for helping Jasmin.
Highlighted

Jasmin_Charbonn

07-11-2008

You could extract the data from the PDF using Export Data (Form Data Integration service under Common) and put that in an xml variable. Then use xPath to get the value you need.

Jasmin
Highlighted

Aditya_S_

07-11-2008

I tried to export the data from a PDF and assign it to an XML variable (with xsd). When I view the form in Workspace I get a "xml parser error: Tag mishmatch" error.

I thought it might be an xsd issue. SO I tried with another form and it didn't work either. However, if I use a literal (Actual XML file) it seems to be prepopulating just fine in Workspace.

Is there another way to receive the PDF, change it to a workspace enabled form and also be able to prepopulate ?
Highlighted

Jasmin_Charbonn

07-11-2008

You receive the PDF, then extract the data, change any data element you want then re-import the data in the PDF.

The user step always has to either use a xfaForm or Document Form. xfaForm will only work with XDP. Document Form will work with PDF and XDP.

Jasmin
Highlighted

Aditya_S_

10-11-2008

I am trying to do 2 things to the PDF document received by email

1) Make it workspace enabled so that the user can approve or decline it

2) Use data from the PDF for further functionality.

By assigning the document variable to the DocumentForm type, I can view the PDF in Workspace, but unable to submit, approve or decline it.
Highlighted

Jasmin_Charbonn

10-11-2008

Do you have a submit button on you PDF? You need that to be able to submit.

Are you adding the form bridge to the PDF to enable the communication between the submit button on the form and the Workspace interface (FormAugmenterService from Inject Form Bridge service under Process Managment)?

Jasmin
Highlighted

Aditya_S_

10-11-2008

I have added the Process fields in the form, which included the submit button.

I have also used the Form Augmenter Service in Workbench.

The strange part is when the PDF(DocumentForm variable) is viewed in Workspace, the complete/approve/decline buttons appear but I cannot proceed ahead.

For arguments, I used a PDF form, in Workspace, which validates mandatory fields before submission. The same validation kicks off when I click the complete/approve/decline button but it doesn't proceed to the next stage.

I have added an execute script module (as a place holder) in the next step to complete the workflow.