Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't write in Arabic Language

Former Community Member
Hello

I'm trying to do some fillable forms in Arabic Language, but I can not do it. Instead of Arabic Characters I get crossed squares instead of each letter, though I choose arabic font!!!

So, how to overcome this problem?
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Which program are you using, InDesign CS -or another program? There are Middle Eastern editions of Adobe software to handle the complexities of the Arabic language-see http://www.adobecs2me.com

You can't simply use English program to type in Arabic.

Former Community Member
Hi Remarkble

I'm using Adobe Professional V7.0

It comes with Adobe Designer V7.0

So, do I need to obtain a Middle Eastern edition for this software?

Former Community Member
You can refer to the datasheet for Designer 7 and see that Arabic is not included on the list of languages forms can be created in.

http://www.adobe.com/products/server/adobedesigner/pdfs/adobedesigner_ds.pdf

Catherine

Former Community Member
Thanks Catherine

Does this mean I have to purchase the Middle Eastern edition of the software? Or this software does not support Arabic at all?

and If it does not support it, what software can I use to create fillable forms?

Former Community Member
Acrobat Professional 7-ME has ability to enhance PDF files to include added support such as fillable forms, whereby user uses ME Reader and can type in Arabic Forms, Find Arabic text within PDF, Copy/Paste Arabic from PDF to ME supported software. The key is to use Unicode Arabic fonts embedded into the enhanced Arabic PDF file.

Former Community Member
Many thanks to you Remarkable and Catherine for sharing such info with me.

Former Community Member
Hi yjamous,

You can have full Arabic support in Designer even though you do not use Acrobat Professional 7.0 ME version.

What you need to do is the following:

- Upgrade your current Designer:

- If you have 7.0.0 then upgrade to 7.0.5 (Adobe website - update for additional languages plus others)

- When designing choose the font that does not have Unicode Arabic character set support issues. We have found that the best fonts are something like Arial.

- You also should have to set the XML tag of en-US to ar-SA (or something similar)

- You might have some allienment issues but this sould be small challange.

Finally, if you have access to Adobe Designer 7.1 then this will make all the above not nescessary (except for the update for additional languages).

BR,

Yasser

SOMAC-IT

Former Community Member
Many Thanks Yasser

This has sorted things out my problem.

As you mentioned, I have alignment issues, but no problem, I can live with that for the time being.