Can't seem to figure out how to get the signature to work correctly

25-08-2008

I am having trouble getting Digital Signatures to work on a PDF. This is the first time that I have ever tried to use them, and the first time that I used Lifecycle to convert a form instead of just building it one field at a time in Acrobat Pro.

In the past, I have gotten several PDF's that required signing. It seemed like an easy process, I clicked on the signature to sign it and then the email button to submit. The first time I did it before I had a signature, it walked me through the process of getting one set up, that was easy too.

Now, I need one, and all of the sudden, it doesn't seem so easy any more.

I have the CS3 Design suite with Acrobat Pro 8.0

I did the layout in InDesign, and the form conversion in Lifecycle. The signature fields were added there automatically, all looked good so far.

I open the file in Reader 9.0 and am unable to add a signature. I made sure that Reader 9.0 knew where my signature file was, but no matter what I do the document sign options are all greyed out.

I opened the form in Acrobat 8 and it will let me sign, but I have to immediately save/as or the signature doesn't take. I have to save it save/as twice because there are two signatures.

I figured there was some rights setting wrong, but can't find it. I have searched for signature, but can't seem to find a post that applies to my problem.

This is driving me crazy. This shouldn't be that difficult. I am missing something here.

Can anybody here shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Kirk

Replies

Highlighted

27-08-2008

Note that if you were to pursue the Excel - xml import option, I am using Excel 2003 Professional (I can't comment on Office 2007, but I believe only 2003 pro would let me import xml data).
Highlighted

27-08-2008

Dbuchanan, Cool, that works. That will do what I need it to do for now. In the future, we plan to have a complete online registration system, but no budget for that now.

Aandi, I don't think there will be more than 500 submissions for quite a while. I just read the EULA and I don't think there is any way we will exceed that any time in the near future.

It says in 15.12.3 "For any unique Extended Document,..."

Can process 500 returns from unlimited distrubution

or

Process unlimited returns from 500 unique recipients.

Right now, I am positive that there is absolutely no risk of exceeding that.

Thanks for all the help here. 🙂

Kirk