Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can't resize of the window

Level 1

Two issues:

1. The size of the app on first start is too big for my tiny notebook screen. You should make it smaller for people with small screens.

2. I can't resize the application. It looks like there is a way to do this in the lower righthand corner of the app, but I can't grab it to change size.

10 Replies

Employee

Due to design considerations, we decided the smallest width would be 1024 pixels

M.

Level 1

Hi,

1. This creates a poor experience for me, although I'm not sure how many other users are in the same boat. It will probably be enough for me to not want to use the app, at least it will reduce my usage.

2. Even if the smallest size is 1024, I still can't resize the window larger either

Best regards,

Marc

Level 1

This sucks.  Can't even maximize?  I can resize my browser, why not RIA?  Shouldn't RIA offer superset of functionality? Come on...

edit: yikes... you can't even encode apostrophe right....

Level 1

As people have commented already app window is not usable at all, various UI is far away from OS (is it so hard to check OS and move window controls to apropriate place? what's that shadow?)

RSS Feeds are hanging app completely.. Tour de Flex is not launching... Very poor, not "enterprise" at all. I bet all developers and customers would be happy Adobe to spend those resources on fixing bugs (of Flash Platform for instance)

Employee

Hi All,

We'll look into the resizing beyond 1024 wide.

RE:  comments about RSS hanging and Tour app not loading, can you please provide more info, like your OS detail, your default browser, RAM, etc.? This would help us greatly as we have already tested the app on multiple flavors of Windows, and Mac.

Thanks,

Marc E.

Level 1

meaman,

MacBook:  Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, default browser Firefox 3.6.3 (how is this connected to this AIR app?), AIR 1.5.3 (btw, donno maybe it's FP 10.1RC7 problem, but if I install AIR app from badge it always says I need to download AIR first)

Ohhh as already mentioned, quotes are not encoded correctly.. And text is scrolling in the textfield because of annoying flash bug, but there's luckily workaround http://play.blog2t.net/fixing-jumpy-htmltext-links/

Oh it really looks like some student's work. Cmon!

Employee

Thanks for the work around info... looking into it.

The reason I asaked about your browser, is that we use Webkit as part of AIR and it sometimes conflicts with Safari prefs.

Marc.

Level 1

Same problem. Can not change the width.

Level 1

Same problem. Can not change the width.

Employee

Hello Jos et al,

The width limitation of 1024 px is by design. The UI of Café is such that if you widen past 1024 many plugins would look terrible. The decision was not an easy one, but achieved after realizing that Café would rarely be used as a primary application... it's role it to support your use of Adobe enterprise-focused applications. As such, we decided to not have it go full-width of most displays.

I know this has generated some negative discussion, but most of the feedback on the UI has been positive and we hope you all now understand the process behind the decision.

Thanks again for using Adobe Enterprise Café!

Marc.