Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

automatically populating fields

Level 2
I am creating a form that will be used as a survey. In one section, I am asking responders to answer questions with 4 locations. I would like to take those answers and insert them into future questions about those specific locations. How can I design a form or field that can do this?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You will have to write script to do this. After th euser fills out the first field (on th eexit event) you can script the name that they entered into subsequent objects. Each part of the object is exposed to you and it is simply a matter of calling the correct object property. Start by designing the form assuming they enter a specific value in the field. Then we can help you by seeing specifically which objects you want to use and what poperties would be required.

Make sense?

Level 2
I'm trying to do (essentially) the same thing.

I have a multipage form where, on the first page, the employee enters his name. I need the name to populate the name fields on the following pages.

I know that when you exit the first empName field, it causes the other fields to populate, I just can't recall the script for it.

Any help?

Former Community Member
If you set up each field to be the same fieldname you can set the binding to Global and a change in any of those fields will cause all fields to be refreshed with the same value.

Level 2
Eureka! Thanks, Paul, you're always a great help.

Much better than the ridiculous way I was trying to do it! Leave it to me to overcomplicate it.

Thanks again.