Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Assigning task to Multiple users

Level 2
Hi

Scenario - An employee fills a leave form submits to manager.If manager approves it it has to stay in their(both of their) to-do list for sometime and then goes automatically to other user.

I cannot have them in the same Group since this would mean one group for each manager-user pair.

My question is how should the task stay in both of their to-do list?

what should I specify in inital user selection.

Thanks in advance
6 Replies

Level 10
When a user submit the form it needs to go somewhere.

In your case you could send the form in parallel to two other user steps. One user would be the initiator and the other user would be the manager.

You can then set a deadline on those two user steps so that the form follows a certain route when the deadline occurs.

Jasmin

Level 2
Thanks Jasmin. I got the deadline to work.

My question now is, for any sinlge action, the form goes to one user ie if manager hits on approve action, the form goes to next stage where employee can see it.

But, in my case, I need both manager and to the employee to see it.

How can we get one action to perform two tasks?

Thanks

Level 10
The gateway object (under the Modeling Tool view) allows you to have parallel routes. You can put a user step on two different routes.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin,

I have a similar form but having a problem of getting approve or deny since the approve and deny buttons do not show in workspace. So when the form filler submit the form to the manager, the manager can not can only hit on Complete button to route to the next manager and also the form seem to be able to edit which is not right. How can I make the form to be read only so the manager can view the form then approve or deny, please help. Thanks much.

Han Dao

Level 10
To include the Approve and Deny button make sure to select the "Initialize task with route name" checkbox under Route and Priority if the User service.

For the read only form you have two options:

- have another version of the form read only for the manager

- put some script in the form that protect the field based on a hidden field set before the manager step.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. It works great.

However, I would like to ask another question for the form. I have a form that has the drop down list (DDL) and some web services. Based on the selection of the DDL, some of the fields are hidden, it works when the user first selected but then when the user go on to the web services to populate the data, the selection of the DDL is reversed to the original state with all the fields are visible even though the selection is still there, or the hidden/visble is no longer working. Note that I am using Case for DDL. Can you please help.

Thanks again.

Han Dao