Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Assign Task to Multiple Users

Level 3
If anyone is in the mood for a challenge I've got doozie...

I'd like to assign a task to multiple users simultaneously, then gather all the tasks back to one user - probably the process initiator.

Problem is that I don't know how many users the task will be assigned to - that is a decision taken by the task initiator before they submit the initial form by building a list of recipients on the form.

I can't assign the task to a 'Group' as then it can only be Claimed by one user at a time.

The key issue is that I need to assign a Task, rather than just eMail the forms to the multiple users, as I need to be able to set Reminders and a Deadline for each recipient user's Task so that after a certain date all the multiple Task Assignments get deadlined back to the initiator if not completed.

Any ideas welcome ???

(Howard do you haev a QPAC to do this ;o)
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi

I have a solution for that,email me mergeandfuse@gmail.com. I can help you out.

thanks

girish

Former Community Member
Stuart,

see these construct examples for a starting point:

Multiple independent instances (shows how you can assign multiple tasks) http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/000189.html

Multiple instances synchronization (shows how to converge the multiple threads)

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/000197.html

hope that helps

scott

Level 3
Hi Scott

Brilliant THANK YOU :)

I tried using a 'loop' and a counter but I'd not figured out the implication of using a Gateway to stop the 1st Assign trapping the task until that user completed it.

I'll give it a try l8r.

Cheers - Stuart

Level 3
Hi Howard

That link to Rendezvous does not work (or on your web site off ES components list either) but I think looked at this and decided it was not what we need.

What the customer wants' is the ability for multiple users to concurrently Annotate a Flat version of a form, then for all the annotation to be combined into one 'master review document'.

The ideal answer would be to start a Shared Review form within LC ES process but I don't think that is possible...

Anyway the other side of this is that they want to be able to add Reminders and Deadlines o each individual review task so the process would need to know who had and had not reviewed the document - which again I think rules out the Shared Review idea.

Any further thoughts would be welcome.

Best Regards - Stuart

Level 9
Hi Stuart

This is an interesting usage, which I'd like to discuss further. Can you email me at: htreisman-at-avoka.com.

I'd also like to find out why those links don't work for you - I just tried them again, and they work for me.

Howard