Expand my Community achievements bar.

An error occured while applying watermark to the document

Former Community Member
Did anyone knows what's this? and how can I solve this problem?

Response from Adobe PDF Generator 7.0

Job Summary

file.xls : An error occured while applying watermark to the document.(Error Code = 1010)

Your email request was processed in 5 seconds.

It happens when i submit any document for conversion to PDF or when i try to convert PDF to text.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Maxim,

I've had the same error code on a brand new installation of Livecycle PDFGenerator 7.2. I don't know how to solve it but i was told by the support team that they had two issues with this code.

One of them was about an installation proccess on a Windows 2003 Server (in german), while the other one was a reference to an installation on a drive other than c:\ (usually the default). However, my installation did not fit on either of these cases and i'm still waiting for their suggestions.

As soon as i have some update on this issue i'll post it here.

Thanks,

Former Community Member
i see thereisn't any solution...

maybe someone knows about this issue?

Office 2003 Russian Enterprise

PDFGenerator Pro 7.2

i can send logfiles of a worker process if needed.

Please, somebody help.

Former Community Member
did anyone of you get a solution since we experience the same issue ? os: windows 2003, office 2003 all in english, latest SP are applied, thx rgs dieter

Former Community Member
OK, i had the same problem and there was the follwing reason for this effect.

Before I installed the PDF Gen I had a Adobe Reader 8.0 installed. The installation check showed that it seems to finish correct bur in fact there have been missing some elements of the Acrobat which is part of the PDF Gen installation.

I uninstalled, PDF Gen, uninstalled Adobe Reader and reinstalled the PDF Gen. Than it worked perfect out. Thanks to Adobe Support who helped me out to get the thing resolved.

So according to the manual it does not say that it is not allowed to have a Reader installed before. Infact no Acrobat product should be installed before installation of PDF Generator

rgs

Dieter

Former Community Member
Dieter,

You are not completely right: the installation checklist that you can find in the installation manual clearly states "Ensure that Acrobat is not installed on the computer". I agree with you that this is strange that an Adobe product is conflicting with another Adobe product. The funny thing is that the installation manual is available only in PDF, so you can't read it on the server while you install the product !

Another important aspect is that MS Office, Photoshop, AutoCAD and other applications needed to convert files to PDF must be installed BEFORE installing PDF Generator.

Former Community Member
Jerome,

As I already mentioned it in the manual there is no hint on the Adobe Reader - which was in my case the problem.

It talks only about Acrobat ... ;-)

Former Community Member
Can anyone share the code please...

I need to apply a watermark to the PDF

when converting html to PDF

I am able to convert HTML to PDF using the API.

But now I need to add a watermark too...

Please share the code at the earliest..

It will be great if someone can send the code in an e-mail....

My E-mail id: yogesh249@gmail.com