Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe restructuring, Paul Guerette, et al

Level 10

As a lot of you will have heard, Adobe has undergone a reorganisation (http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/201111/110811AdobeFinancialAnalystMeeting.ht...). The LiveCycle/ADEP team in Ottawa was hit badly by this restructuring, which means that we may not be seeing some of the familiar faces here or on other forums.

In particular, I know that Paul has moved on and that he would like people to be aware that he will not be able to respond to threads. In addition he will not get Direct Messages/Private Message or emails to the LiveCycle8 address.

Paul was a tremendous help on the forums and we all own him a debt of gratitude.

Niall

14 Replies

Level 10

Yes, very sad to see Paul go - he's been a huge help.

Level 5

Very sad news!!!!

Paul is great. I cannot forget him. Really a sad news to me!!!

We are going to lose a kind person. CAN WE BACK HIM ANYHOW!!!

Paul! I am grateful to you.

greenlnd34

Level 10

It is unfortunate to see this happen. We cannot forget the help he has done to the LiveCycle community.

His expertise and code samples were very helpful through out my LiveCycle development.

Paul, I wish you all the best and surely we will miss you here.

Thanks

Srini

Level 4

Can anyone find a clear statement of direction for the former Livecycle ES family of products(Designer, Process Management, Forms, etc.)?  I've struggled to grasp the ADEP vision, so with the latest announcements I'm at a loss all together. 

The lawyer-speak announcements made at the corporate meetings this week are not particularly informative.  Adobe apparently did not mention efforts in the ADEP area during the Max keynote, and that in hindsight appears to be telling. 

Clearly if they're letting quality people like Paul go, they are cutting these units to the bone or are shuttering them totally.  Are the Livecycle ES(aka ADEP) now in a permanent maintenance mode?

Level 7

I took the recent "re-branding" of Livecycle ES to ADEP and the launch of Designer 10 as part of a strategy to extend and develop the product line. The restructuring seems to indicate the opposite. 

There must be something on the horizon that has caused such a shift by a profitable company. Is it HTML5? or perhaps there is a different up-and-coming threat lurking out there? A patent issue? Whatever is going on, the restructuring strikes me as a defensive move. Is it time to rethink my my ongoing development ADEP forms? I don't know. I wish I knew the level of Adobe's commitment to it.

Paul is a knowledgable, giving resource who will be missed. I am confident that he will land on his feet. I wish him well.

Stephen

Level 3

I'm so disappointed... Paul thanks for everything, you've been a great help.

Wishing you all the best in your endeavours.

Ace

Level 10

@Paul: We are gonna miss you a lot in adobe forums.

Your efforts to solve any critical problems especially in Forms ES and LiveCycle ES are tremendous and invaluable.

Wish you all success and great future ahead!!

Nith

Level 10

Ouch! This news felt like a slap in the face ... Today's life is changing so quickly and sometimes this fact really hurts.

Paul, I hope you'll be up on one's feet asap.

Wishing you all the best for YOUR FUTURE!

Radzmar

Former Community Member

Paul, You've been a huge help. I can't thank you enough. Niall, are you up for some followup on the questions we've asked Paul? I really appreciate the time you've taken to help out those of us who are not familiar with JavaScript, etc.

Level 10

Yes, I'm still here, as are many others like Radzmar, Jono, Stephen and Srini. We are all here to help and are looking out for Paul's threads.

Here's to a better 2012.

Niall

Level 7

I am not sure what Adobe thinks but they can not let people like Paul to go......

He is a big part of this community!

I hope we'll heard from him VERY SOON!

Theodore

Level 2

Who might I turn to for assistance?  I am tring to get a field in a subform to increment by 1 each time I add a new instance of the subform.

Former Community Member

after your code to add a new instance, write :

field.rawValue = field.rawValue + 1

Sorry for off topic :/

Level 4

Just wanted to express my thanks to Paul. He for sure made me look good with his ideas and suggestions on forms. A big shout out to Paul and best of luck to him in the future.