Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Adobe Reader Extension Software 7

Former Community Member
From where can I get / download the Adobe Reader Extension Server 7.0

I tried on "http://www.adobe.com/products/server/readerextensions/main.html" link also, but there it does not give any link for download.

Regards

Tejraj
13 Replies

Former Community Member
Tejraj:

You cannot download a trial version of LiveCycle Reader Extensions.

The easiest way to get started with LC Reader Extensions is to join the Adobe Enterprise Developer Program. When you join the program, you get access to LiveCycle software, including Reader Extensions, as well as developer support (via email) for 1 year.

For more information about the program, head to http://partners.adobe.com/public/asn/developer/detail_edp.html To join the program, purchase it through the online store at http://store.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catEnterpriseDeveloper

If you have questions about the program, I'm more than happy to answer them.

Thanks,

Mike

Adobe Enterprise Developer Relations

Former Community Member
I just want to be clear. If my organization paid for the developer program, as you stated. We would then be able to load the LiveCycle Reader Extensions that would allow our customers that have Adobe Reader to electronically sign and save the documents that we send them?

Sincerely,

John Petroski

Former Community Member
John, if you're part of the program you get developer licenses for the LiveCycle products (among the other things) which you can use in your development. Should you decide to go to production using any of the LiveCycle products you still need to purchase a normal production license for that. But yes, if you did that, then your customers would be able to sign and save the documents using Reader.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
I appreciate the clarification, but need to ask additional follow-up questions:

Do I need to purchase both? Or can I just purchase a "normal production license"?

Can someone send my questions to the sales team? I submitted a sales question earlier this week and have not received a response.

By the way, I've contacted FormRouter and they are just too costly for our environment.

Sincerely,

John Petroski

Former Community Member
You can just purchase a normal production license, but that does not come with support (you can purchase that seperately).

If you contact dev_info@adobe.com they should be able to help you get in touch with a sales rep.

Chris

Former Community Member
Sorry to be thick-headed.

My organization owns Professional 6. We want to be able to send PDF via e-mail to outside partners, allow them to fill-in, etc, and save to their local disk, and e-mail completed form back to us. We are NOT members of the developer program, and we DO intend on using the forms in production. Are the Reader Extensions free of charge to us? What do you think is the most direct path to get us there and what components do we need? Which components are free and which are licensed? We are looking at only one forms developer at this time.

Thanks for your time

Robert

Former Community Member
Basically no components are free. Reader Extensions is a product and if you want to use you have to pay for it. If you want your client to be able to save the PDF locally and they are using reader then the PDF needs to be extended. If you want your client only to be able to fill in the form and email you the data (without being able to save it locally) then nothing extra is needed.

Chris

Former Community Member
how can i enter file properties of pdf forms created with live cycle designer es? it is grayed out and i could not able to change.

Former Community Member
I have created PDF XML form with live cycle designer es 8.0, is it possible to create a link to a specific page than using pageDown or pageUP commands.

Level 4
You'd be better off asking this in the Designer forum. But here's a hint, type "currentPage" into the Designer help search function.

Former Community Member
We use Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional at work. I have to create a form that can be save locally by a client and emailed to us. It works fine with 7.0 pro but when I try to use it with older versions, these option are not available. Can I install the livecycle reader extensions without the need to install additional software? And if so, which ones? 8.0 professional or just livecycle? or both?

Please Help?

Former Community Member
I have a form that I built in LiveCycle. The form has a place for the user to upload attachments. Does the form need to be reader extended for the user to attach a file? Is there a way to do this with Adobe Pro? Thanks.