Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer for DCTM (v7)

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I try installing Adobe Designer 7 for Documentum...

When starting installation, the setup.exe returns me the following error:

"Documentum Desktop 5.3 is not installed on this computer.

Please install Documentum Desktop 5.3 and try again."

I had installed Documentum Desktop 5.3 SP5 on my machine, but it seems LiveCycle Designer does not detect it...Does anybody has a workaround? I'm on Windows XP and I suppose something in the registry is different for this SP of Documentum...so, maybe if I could add this "reference" or "file", should try installing Designer properly.

Let me know your opinion.

By the way...I cannot go back to SP4 of DCTM Desktop.

Thank you in advance and Regards,

Tanguy
2 Replies

Former Community Member
For information,

I checked the compatibility matrix and I found that version 7.x of Adobe Designer should be compatible with Documentum 5.3 (no SP specified) on XP...

Thanks

Tanguy

Former Community Member
OK. I found the solution.

Indeed, the Designer HAS TO BE installed with the Documentum Desktop 5.3 SP4. Which installed the DFC 5. When installing Desktop 5.3 SP5 instead of SP4, it seems that the registry entries or files are missing and the Deisgner cannot find the Documentum Desktop installation (maybe something is different in the installation procedure of the Destkop application).

Then,...if you want installing DCTM Desktop 5.3 SP5 with Adobe Designer 7, I strongly recommend installing Desktop 5.3 SP4 first, then installing Adobe designer 7 with the DCTM plugin, next, uninstall SP4 and install SP5 in the same directory as the previous installation. I tried it and it worked perfectly!

Hope this helps some of you.

Regards,

Tanguy