Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

time series events not working in AJO personalization

Level 2

We have experience event schema where we are storing the customer purchase history.

I want to personalise productName from product Array which is stored in experienceEvent class schema. 

I have written personalization like the below but it's not working.

{{profile.timeSeriesEvents._tenant.products.productName}}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

To my knowledge this is not possible. You don't have access to experience event data in AJO message personalization. Neither in ODE.
That's even though the UI seems to allow that.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

To my knowledge this is not possible. You don't have access to experience event data in AJO message personalization. Neither in ODE.
That's even though the UI seems to allow that.

Level 4

Hi @vkt1989 , you spotted it right. Presently AJO doesn't support. Please accept mark it as solution accepted 

Community Advisor

Hello @vkt1989 

I am assuming you want to personalize the email with this data. If this data is coming via event then you can use the journey context to personalize it. You will have to pass these details in the event payload and XDM object to save it.

Then it can be used in the message.

For eg, a Product from the order can be accessed like this.

{{#each context.journey.events.0000000.productListItems as |product|}}

<tr>
            <td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" style="padding: 5px 24px; font-family: 'Source Sans Pro', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">
              <p style="margin: 0;">{{product.name}}</p>
            </td>
			<td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" style="padding: 5px  24px; font-family: 'Source Sans Pro', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">
              <p style="margin: 0;">{{product.quantity}}x</p>
            </td>
			<td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" style="padding:5px  24px; font-family: 'Source Sans Pro', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">
              <p style="margin: 0;">${{product.priceTotal}}</p>
            </td>
          </tr>

{{/each}}

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

We want to personalize timeseries attributes in a Marketing campaign. The above will work only in case of events I believe.

Level 1

We had the same issue indeed. Eventually we had to do a workaround where we stored certain data on a profile level (create a field and use 'update profile' in journey). Then you can use that data in marketing campaigns, bit ugly, but it works. 

Level 2

Yes but this workaround is only for a particular use-case & can not be used as a foolproof solution.