Expand my Community achievements bar.

Possible to sync edge profile with hub instantly?

Community Advisor

Hello,

We are currently utilizing the Edge Decisioning API WebSDK to accurately present customers with the most relevant offers. The ask is to present the offer related to customer's most recently viewed product.

What we did

Once a customer views a product on our website, a journey is triggered that updates the profile with the ID of the recently viewed product. Subsequently, in our offer decision-making process, we employ a rule that displays the offer associated with that product if it is found in the customer's profile. This is working fine but it takes sometime before the customer see the correct offer.

Whats the issue

We are encountering an issue because the journey updates the customer's profile in the hub, but the Edge Decisioning API retrieves profile data from the Edge. The synchronization between the profile on the Edge and the hub can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours, leading to customers receiving incorrect offers.

Question

Is it possible to synchronize the hub profile with the Edge instantly, or is there a more effective method to show customers their recently viewed products? It's worth noting that before adding the recently viewed product to the profile, we attempted to directly utilize event data, but currently, it's not feasible to integrate event data into our offer decisioning process.

Thanks,

Arpan

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @arpan-garg 

When streaming data is ingested into the Adobe RTCDP hub profile there is a slight delay for the write of data upon profile.  After data is ingested there is audience qualification of the segmentation process and if data is utilized upon the Adobe Edge network it is promoted.  Moving data through these gates are really not ideal for same page and or next page personalization as there can be delays.

Are you using the Offer decision to include the individual product which was viewed by the individual or segmentation based qualification?

The reason I ask about segment qualification, is this could be evaluated upon the edge and may allow you to meet same page and next page personalization.

Community Advisor

@brekrut - Yes this is what I am trying to do as well. The segment qualification that happens on edge is instantaneous. But the profile sync takes some time. I have to write the product which was viewed to the profile after some checks(for example : - if the product is in stock). Once this attribute is added to hub, it takes time to the see the correct offer. I believe it should be done in few minutes but we sometimes see a delay of an hour or more

Thanks,

Arpan

Employee Advisor

Have you tried making the Offer Rule an Edge Segment?  Then using that Segment for the Offer qualification.

Community Advisor

Hi @Danny-Miller  - Our Decision scope contains an Eligibility criteria and yes the eligibility criteria is audience and we have selected an edge segment there.