Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

multiple required identifications in Schemas

Level 5

Hi, 

In my Schemas which were set up other person I have multiple identification ids. Does this mean: 

a) with every data ingestion I need to have data with every id, 

b) with every data ingestion I need to import only one identification id? 

Thanks for help 

Mike 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @Michael_Soprano 

One schema can have multiple identities defined in it. When you enable that schema for profile, you will have to define one of these as primary identity (if not using identity map to pass the identities). This primary identity will have to be populated in every row that you send through, but you can also have more than one identity sent through in one data row. For instance, usually for web streaming data, ECID is defined as primary id because you might have rows where you would just have that identity available, for instance, unauthenticated users. But, when these users login, you might get more identities along with ECID to pass along, like a backend CRM Id, email etc.

All the above identities then form part of the identity graph of a profile.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 3

Mike

You can have multiple identities in a schema. If you define an attribute as a Primary identity, that should have values in all rows. If you are defining an attribute just a identity, then null values will be accepted by AEP.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @Michael_Soprano 

One schema can have multiple identities defined in it. When you enable that schema for profile, you will have to define one of these as primary identity (if not using identity map to pass the identities). This primary identity will have to be populated in every row that you send through, but you can also have more than one identity sent through in one data row. For instance, usually for web streaming data, ECID is defined as primary id because you might have rows where you would just have that identity available, for instance, unauthenticated users. But, when these users login, you might get more identities along with ECID to pass along, like a backend CRM Id, email etc.

All the above identities then form part of the identity graph of a profile.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers,

Abhinav