Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Missing SessionID_Key

Level 2

I'm working on adding AdobeAssurance but when I go to startSession, the SessionId_Key isn't set. Where should I be setting this? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

It was a configuration issue on my end. Thank you!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @knguyen-dev 

While calling the startSession function, You must pass sessionURL as a parameter.

Assurance.startSession(sessionURL);

This value of sessionURL is the session URL you get from the assurance UI from data collection (highlighted below).

Manoj_Kumar__0-1693271816343.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

I was working off the assumption that the link generated was supposed to be pasted into a Safari browser on the simulator/test device. Is that incorrect? Are we pasting the sessionURL generated from the browser interface directly into our code and then running the app in the simulator?

Community Advisor

Hello @knguyen-dev 

The "adb_validation_sessionid" parameter value should be passed onto the startSession function.

Here is the reference from the sample app:

aepsdk-react-native/apps/AEPSampleApp/extensions/AssuranceView.tsx at 797d43ebef77df35275092ddae72e2...

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

You can either hard-code the URL in the code if you are planning to use the same session every time or dynamically pass the "adb_validation_sessionid" value from the browser to the app.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

1. I was able to start a session but the events that should be tracked are not viewable in the web interface even though the code is getting hit. What might be going on?

2. Is there a way around inputting the session PIN so that all debug build interactions can be tracked automatically?

Community Advisor

Hello @knguyen-dev 

Could you please share more details, like how you are collecting/triggering the events and the consent information?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

Also, some code samples of how you have configured the Mobile App and what are your expected events.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Level 2

It was a configuration issue on my end. Thank you!