Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Invalid send event command error - Web SDK implementation

Level 2

Hi,

I am migrating one site from appMeasurement to Web SDK. It hasn't been the first one, so I copied the previous implementation to a new property that was created of this new migration.

When I publish the basic configuration in the development enviroment, I can see the page view rule doesn't execute because of an error I am not able to identify.

RaulFo_0-1718266793620.png

Can you help me to identify the origin of this error? I have checked the basic property configuration and the xdm object itself that is creating the issue and all look ok to me.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Have you tried checking if you are able to retrieve your xdm data element on console using getVar method?

Ankit_Chaudhary_0-1718284138831.png

Also are you using variable data element type + update variable action type to configure your XDM variable or configuring a XDM variable data element directly?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

Hi @RaulFo 

You are getting this error because you are either sending non-XDM data using XDM field in the send event action type or the XDM data element you have copied from your old property seems to be having some configuration issues.

Try validation the XDM data element once again also make sure to copy all other data elements which you are using in the XDM data element to populating values in the schema.

Level 2

For the send event action I have provided a valid XDM object matching my XDM schema. All the data elements that are set in the XDM object exist in the new property.

The previous implementation where I copied the configuration from has always worked ok. I haven't changed anything related configuration for the new one.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Level 6

Have you tried checking if you are able to retrieve your xdm data element on console using getVar method?

Ankit_Chaudhary_0-1718284138831.png

Also are you using variable data element type + update variable action type to configure your XDM variable or configuring a XDM variable data element directly?

Level 2

After checking carefully I can see that some important data elements were missing in my publication. I could identify the issue using the getVar method for the different data elements that were supposed to be published.

Now the error doesn't show up on console. 

Thanks your your help.