Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I am trying to add segment name to while activating a segment and export it to S3. Can someone help me

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

@bhanukonani , I'm not sure what is your use-case. Segment export will have only those fields that your schema has and hence your exported file.  If you have any downstream application consuming those files which needs segment name, I think what you can do is to have exported file organized by custom folder which would help you to provide right path to your downstream applications to ensure they're picking right segment export file. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Here's where you can do it, Check out this article which has details 

Anil_Umachigi_0-1680134167053.png

Level 1

@Anil_Umachigi 
Thanks for your reply, This is to configure the file name. Here I am looking to add the segment name as new filed while exporting to the destination

Community Advisor

@bhanukonani you mean within the content of what is exported? 

Level 4

Hi @bhanukonani , as default often destinations in AEP has file names consist of destination name, segment ID, and a date and time indicator. If  you want exported file name to have segment name instead segment id I think @Anil_Umachigi has already addressed it. 

However if you want to add custom folder per segment file in your S3, you can use macros in the folder path input field while setting up account authentication. 

E.g: Testroot/campaigns/2023/%SEGMENT_NAME%

AtulChavan_0-1680457544004.png

Level 1

Thanks for your response, I am looking for addition field to be added to the segment with segment name while exporting or activating the segment to S3 

Correct answer by
Level 4

@bhanukonani , I'm not sure what is your use-case. Segment export will have only those fields that your schema has and hence your exported file.  If you have any downstream application consuming those files which needs segment name, I think what you can do is to have exported file organized by custom folder which would help you to provide right path to your downstream applications to ensure they're picking right segment export file.