Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

HTTP API Streaming Connector - Profile Ingestion

Level 2

If I am adding a new profile to a dataset via the HTTP API Streaming Connector, will I have to wait 1 whole day before I see the profile present in the UI? Or is it the case that the profile should be created within 10-15 minutes of ingestion as well. 

Another question I have is if there is an existing profile, will it take 15 minutes for a profile to change? Does this require enabling “upsert” in a dataset?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

The 15-minute buffer period applies to identity graph updates specifically. So depending on whether/how the new dataset row affects the customer's graph there are a few potential scenarios:

• Existing profiles
    • If ALL identity values in the row (primary & secondary) are already known values in an existing profile's identity graph, that profile will immediately be updated with the data contained in that row (deltas for record-based updates are merged into the profile's attributes, and new events are added as immutable records to the profile's behavior history)
    • If at least one identity is known but another is unknown, the relevant profile's data will still be immediately update, but only under the known identity at first. The net-new identity will not be reflected in the identity graph until after the 15-minute buffer period, and attempting to look up the profile by the new identity value will turn up no results until the graph update is complete.
  • New profiles
    • If all identities are unknown, the profile will not appear in the UI until after the 15-minute buffer period and the prerequisite identity graph is created.

UPSERT is not required to update existing profiles. If a new dataset record contains a known identity, Platform treats that data as an update for the existing profile and resolves any deltas.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

The 15-minute buffer period applies to identity graph updates specifically. So depending on whether/how the new dataset row affects the customer's graph there are a few potential scenarios:

• Existing profiles
    • If ALL identity values in the row (primary & secondary) are already known values in an existing profile's identity graph, that profile will immediately be updated with the data contained in that row (deltas for record-based updates are merged into the profile's attributes, and new events are added as immutable records to the profile's behavior history)
    • If at least one identity is known but another is unknown, the relevant profile's data will still be immediately update, but only under the known identity at first. The net-new identity will not be reflected in the identity graph until after the 15-minute buffer period, and attempting to look up the profile by the new identity value will turn up no results until the graph update is complete.
  • New profiles
    • If all identities are unknown, the profile will not appear in the UI until after the 15-minute buffer period and the prerequisite identity graph is created.

UPSERT is not required to update existing profiles. If a new dataset record contains a known identity, Platform treats that data as an update for the existing profile and resolves any deltas.

Level 7

adding to above , be sure to Go to Adobe Experience Platform and check the Dataset Activity to confirm that the data was successfully ingested. Before you look for new profile data ...